Hacked By GeNErAL
I’ve released a new demo for BuildR that allows you walk around some of the creations made with that very tool. These are all included in the asset though this one does show off the interior generation, stairwells (how else are you getting to the roof?!) and low detail version model generation available.
A little bit late to the party however there were no real issues with running this asset in 5.x so I felt no rush. I’ve finally released DocuMaker through Unity 5.x today so there are no compatibility warnings when downloading it now.
A few major changes added in this release. It’s using MonoBehaviours now as a base so serialisation in Unity is better supported along with prefabs.
I’ve optimised the NearestPoint function in CameraPath so that it can take extremely long paths with ease.
- Fixed serialisation issues so prefabs, duplication and copy pasting are now supported
- Fixed NearestPoint function so it’s optimised and ready for 2D work with extremly long paths
- Fixed CPEPlayerPathFollow so it’s more robust with looping paths
- Fixed sliders – they work like hot butter now
- Added 2D Demo
DocuMaker is a free asset that will help you create simple HTML documentation from your C# classes. I created it recently to assist me in generating said documentation for my other assets on the Asset Store and decided that it would be a nice simple asset to release to the store for free.
I hope that it will help a few people out there who need to create web documentation for their work. I personally had a shot at some of the other things already available but found them frustratingly user unfriendly and opaque. In less time I bashed this out to the simple specifications I had. The HTML it produces is very open to applying your own stylesheet and the code is all open source (obviously!)
I have recently released the latest version of Track BuildR which has been christened the “Stunt Update“. This version comes with support to create circuits with loops, jumps and twists after rebuilding the track cant implementation.
It also includes Substance texture support, FBX, OBJ and XML export, track extrusion and some minor bug fixes. I’m very proud of the fact that Track BuildR since release has had only one bug!
The update did come at a slight cost – 1.0 tracks are not supported… With the new undo system that Unity 4.3 implemented along with the hell that is using ScriptableObjects, I needed to change the base implementation of Track BuildR to Monobehaviour. The problem is it breaks backward compatibility… I do have a plan for users needing the upgrade. It involves exporting the 1.0 track to XML (with some re) and importing it into a fresh 1.1 track. This method was used to bring the Spa Francorchamps track to 1.1 and it’s pretty easy.
I hope it’s well received! You can check out videos, demos and further information.
- Fixed animator code to better optimisation and GC calls (thanks Kirk)
- ADDED ability to specify delay on start point
- Fixed XML to support all Camera Path values
- Fixed path interpolation so it works well
- Fixed points resetting to start of path
Patches are starting to slow down now after the initial release. Feedback from customers has been very positive so I think this version is proving a success!
- Added XML import and export to options tab
- Added explicit point placement into inspector
- Fixed issues with two point paths
- Fixed issues with the orientation of the preview window
- Fixed event trigger issues, rebuilt so it’s more robust
Happy Valentines day! I’ve been good and got you some code. Hope you like it!
- Added arguments to the Call event points
- Fixed events and delays not firing on reverse animations